For Christmas last year I made various jar gifts, including Mocha Cocoa Mix, Sugar & Spice Face & Body Scrub, and Lavender Bath Salts. These projects were all pretty easy and fun to do, as well as wonderful gifts for yourself and others! Just add the lavender bath salts to your bath, or even to a foot soak, and soak in the luxury!
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup sea salt
- 1/2 cup epsom salt
- 1/4 cup dried lavender (or other yummy-smelling dried herb/flower)
- 5 drops essential oil (I didn’t have any so I used vanilla extract)
- Mix the salts and Lavender together in a large bowl.
- Add the essential oils one drop at a time, mixing well between each drop.
- Store in a jar. You can use a mason jar or a recycled glass jar (such as an old jam or salsa jar).
- To use, add as much as you desire to bath water (a few tablespoons should do the trick).
This recipe only yields a little less than a cup and a half. For gifts, I needed to fill ten one-cup mason jars. If you need a larger yield, here are the measurements for ten cups of lavender bath salts:
- 4 cups sea salt
- 4 cups epsom salt
- 2 cups lavender
- 1/2 teaspoon essential oil
If you like crafting and want more ideas, check out Laina on Pinterest, where you’ll find crafts, recipes, and a whole lot more!
Do you like food? Cooking? Eating? Take a look at Small Detail Food, where you’ll find easy, delicious & economical recipes.