I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been sitting around at home with a friend or boyfriend and one or both of us suddenly gets the urge to go and do something. But what? We will never have to sit around brainstorming unsuccessfully ever again. I give you, The Bored? Jar!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Popsicle sticks
- 1 Jar (I used an old ranch dressing jar with the label taken off)
- 3 sharpies in different colors
- 1 black ultra fine tip sharpie
- Ribbon (optional)
- Label (optional)
The Bored? Jar:
- To start, put your popsicle sticks in the jar so it’s full but not stuffed, make sure you can still easily grab one from the jar.
- Get your three colored sharpies and black sharpie handy. Each color will signify a category: cost money, go somewhere, or stay home. Decide what each color will signify. I used green for cost money, purple for go out, and pink for stay home.
- Go through the following list. Before you write down the activity on the popsicle stick, decide what category it falls under (i.e. “Make breakfast & eat in bed” would fall under stay home, so I colored the tip of my popsicle stick pink). Color the tip of the popsicle stick the corresponding color and then use the black sharpie to write the activity down. Replace the popsicle stick, color tip up, in the jar and keep going!
- Once you get to the end of the list, cut some ribbon to the correct size and tie it around the jar.
- Using a label or piece of paper, write “Bored?” on it and attach it to the jar. If you like, add what the color categories mean.
If you have extra popsicle sticks, add things you like to do or take the extras out. Keep some blank ones handy so you can add activity ideas as you think of them. Once you use one you can turn it upside down so you go through each one, or just replace it color tip up. Now you will never be bored with nothing to do again!
Here’s the list of activities:
- Find a recipe you’ve never tried and cook it together
- Make indoor smores and read/tell campfire/scary stories
- Wii Game night
- Make Muddy Buddies
- Make ice cream sundaes
- Have a spa/pamper night
- Have a game night
- Make breakfast and eat in bed
- Play 20 questions
- Make chocolate fondue
- TV show marathon
- Make a new dessert recipe together
- Have a living room camp out
- Make home made pizzas
- Read together
- Have a movie marathon
- Go on a hike
- Go on a bike ride
- Go to a park
- Go to a local car dealership and test drive a car
- Try a new sport
- Take a drive, see some beautiful scenery
- Make a picnic
- Be a tourist in you own city (cheesy pictures and all!)
- Take a free factory tour
- Pick a theme and center everything for the rest of the day around it
- Fly kites
- Exercise together
- Go to a local book store & look at photography books together
- Dress up and go to a new place for drinks
- Restaurant hop: go to a new restaurant for each course
- Go skating or rollerblading
- Go to the arcade
- Go out for ice crem
- Drive-in dinner/movie
- Go for a swim, or hot tubbing
- Visit the zoo or go see wild life
- Have a coupon date
- Go to a local fair or carnival
- Go to a local sporting event
- Go to a thrift store, pick out funny outfits for each other
- Go see a play or comedy show
- Go bowling
- Take lessons
- Try a new restaurant
- Desert only date
- Go carts
- Visit a bakery and pick out a treat
- Check out a local museum
- Go find yard sales, treasure hunt
- Laser tag
If you like this post and want more fun crafts, check out Laina on Pinterest!
Do you like Food? Cooking? Eating? Check out Small Detail Food!